6 mar 2012

TEENAGER'S ABORTION

Nowadays, at least in Spain, It’s very easy to have an abortion because there is a special law that allows any woman to do it, no matter how old she is and, in cases of pregnant teenagers, parents don’t need to agree with their daughter’s decisions.
On the one hand, some people agree with the law because they think that economic problems or the mother’s age is a good reason to abort. Moreover, if there’s a risk for the child or the mother, there should be the chance to abort. Another point of controversy is that people who agree think that a foetus is not a life.
On the other hand, some people think that a foetus is a life and that it will be a person in the near future. They also think that if woman, especially teenagers, have got the chance to have an abortion, they do it many times and it has got negative effects on the economy of the country and on the “mother’s” health. The last but not least argument they gives is that everybody has got the right to live.
In my opinion, there should be a law to let women abort if there’s a risk for the mother’s life or she had been raped, but I don’t agree with abortion. Babies ought to be loved and have a good life, if parents can’t afford to have the baby, the best thing to do is give him or her in adoption, so that couples who can’t have babies and really want to, have got the chance to take care and love a baby. 

4 comentarios:

  1. Gemma, I think that your essay is excellent, the structure and the content are good. However, I disagree with you because I'm for abortion and I think that women must decide what to do with their own bodies. Good job, I give you a 9. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Gemma, the text is very good, but I don't agree with you. I think that the mother, always, should be able to decide about her body and what she wants to do.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I agree with you because if she doesn't want a baby she can do others things such as adoption and other couple look after the baby and make him happy

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I agree with Amanda, your essay is very good but I disagree with Amanda's opinion. I think if a women is adult become pregnant also is adult to attack the consequences. I agree with the Ana's opinion.

    ResponderEliminar