19 nov 2012

Still waiting


I met him 50 years ago. I was reading the newspaper when he asked me for the time. He was brown haired and had blue eyes, he looked nice and calm. At that moment we couldn’t imagine it was going to be the beggining of a really powerful friendship.


Next day I met him again, he was my classmate, we were both doing an Economics degree. We got on well very fast, he was absolutly hilarious and also very clever. We went together to the library in order to study and help each other. We spent there many hours, therefore we got good marks. One afternoon, he told me that he had to go to USA because his father had found an excellent job offer. He promised me that he would send me a letter a soon as he arrived there, but the Second World War started and that letter never arrived.


I haven’t seen him for ages, but I know he will always be my friend. I still hope that one day we’ll meet again, hoping that he is alive and the new technolgies will make this dream possible.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario