12 feb 2012

Should we outlaw the use of burkas?

The use of burkas is a controversial topic in some occidental countries. It has started to be banned in France, for example. In my view, we should outlaw it for the followig reasons.
First of all, I think that the burka is a sign of debasement for women. It degrades them. Therefore, it is a sign of the submission of the women by the men. Secondly, if a woman goes to a Muslim country, she must wear a burka. Furthermore, we can’t wear a sign of another religion. Because of this, in my opinion, Muslim women can’t wear the burka and should respect the religion of the country where they are.
To sum up, I would ban burkas because they don’t respect human-rights and we are not Muslims.

1 comentario:

  1. First of all I respect your opinion, but I disagree with you because I think the human rights say that everybody can wear whatever they want. In addition, I think we should respect if a Muslim women want to wear a burqa in our country. Apart from my opinion, I think your opinion essay have a good structure and you expose logical arguments against the public wearing of burqas. I know it isn't a "for and against" essay, but I think you should have explained some arguments that the people who are agree with the burqas defend. I'll give you an 8.

    ResponderEliminar