25 oct 2013

A broken friendship 4

I still remember two years ago when I lost one of my close friends, Clara. She was friendly, happy, funny and we used to spend a lot of time together.

One day, she was offered to study business in London and of course she accepted. But this experience meant that we couldn't see each other for a while. At this point, there was nothing that I could do, so we decided that we would speak every week through phone or skype and that we would tell each other everything just to keep our friendship on. And that was how we spent the whole year. We spoke every week and through those conversations, she used to tell me that she had made a lot of new good friends, all of them from England and other countries. At Christmas, she returned to see her family and, at that moment, I was very excited to see her again. But our reunion wasn't as I expected because we were so used to being separated from each other that, when we set a day to meet , I felt that she wasn't the same girl I used to hang out with and speak for hours. She was a different person. So finally I decided that I had to talk with her and tell her that she wasn't the same. At that moment, when I had said everything that I felt like saying , she told me that she felt humiliated and that she needed time to think about our friendship.

That night I thought about it and I came to the conclusion that distance was our worst enemy and I realised our relationship wouldn't work because distance not only can affect a couple but it can also spoil a friendship.

Maria López, 2nd Bachillerato D

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario