25 oct 2013

Living together 4

The first time I saw Aiden I thought no boy as good-looking as him could exist. He was tall, dark-haired and he had big blue eyes and a broad smile. We met at the university graduation party. Immediately, we started going out and we swiftly fell in love. The first five or six months were fantastic and Aiden decided to propose. I couldn’t believe it…I was so happy! We rented an old flat in the city. We bought some furniture, we painted the house and we made it into our new home. Four years have passed since those happy days.

Repairing and cleaning the old flat was fun but when we started to live day after day together, cohabitation became difficult. At first we solved our problems talking and kissing but then arguments became something usual. I couldn’t understand his behaviour. He was disastrous: he  could neither cook nor  fry egg , he never made the bed, he wanted to play videogames twice a week, he didn’t want to visit my mother, he made a strange (and very annoying) noise while eating and last but not least he always stepped on the wet floor. I resisted until my 25th birthday when I ran out of patience because of his present. He couldn’t think of anything else than giving me two tickets for a football match: Manchester United vs. Chelsea. “The best match of the year, he said”. Tickets for a football match for my 25th birthday? It was at that moment when I realised men and women are from different planets. I felt very angry and upset and I decided to cut off. Nevertheless he couldn’t understand why and he cried and cried and pleaded me an explanation but I could just answer: “Just because you are a disaster and you don’t know how to deal with a woman!”

Now, when I think about it, I realize I treated him very bad and I recognize I was unfair because I had got angry for very silly things. Fortunately, three days after the last quarrel I became conscious of what I had done and I called him to apologize . He accepted my excuses and we made up like we used in the past: talking and kissing. He admitted some of his fixations and I admitted mine.  At present we respect more our ways of life and we try to please each other. Just on this way we can live together happily.  
Ariadna Pons. 2nd C

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario