25 oct 2013

Happier days 3

Nine years ago, I was living in Boston, working for the USA government as a history expert, collecting data about the civil war. The first and the second year were so hard. I missed my family a lot. Some days I thought that living in USA was a mistake, that I should return home. The third year, I met Sandra, who was working with me. 

Quickly I fell in love with her, and a few months later, we began dating. Everything started to go better. Sandra was completing me. I didn't feel sad, and my boss promoted me. I simply couldn't stop smiling. I'd never felt better. We had a dog, and a penthouse in the center of the city, in one of the tallest buildings on in the city, with incredible views of Boston. Life couldn't get better. That September 24 was a rainny day. At 8 in the morning, my father phoned me. My mother had died. Everything turned into black. I felt again the sadness. That pain of feeling away from home. Sandra couldn't understand me, because I've always found it hard to talk about my feelings. She told me that I had it all. But I didn't listen to her, I came back home two years ago. We haven't spoken since I leftI began working in a secondary school, as a teacher. I got married, I have sons... But I never did feel so happy like those days when I was living in Boston with Sandra.


Carlos Sintes González, 2ºD

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario