8 ene 2013

Shopping addiction (FINAL VERSION)

Nowadays, we’re surrounded by advertising. Even if it’s supposed to be a resort to boost economy, it’s obvious that more and more people are becoming completely dependent on shopping. The way I see it, shopping can be actually an addiction.


To start with, any advertisement tries to convince us to buy a certain product by telling us it will make us feel happy, or better yet, that by buying it our life will change. It seems to me that these statements encourage many people to spend, even if they don’t need the things they buy. Consequently, they begin to overspend.


In my view, people that become addicted to shopping must have some kind of mental disorder which makes them believe that spending is the only way to cope with stress. Fortunately, I don’t have this problem.


Finally, I think overspending (due to shopping addiction) not only doesn't make sense if we buy things we'll never use, but it can also replace what really matters: our family and friends.


Dani Jiménez 2A

4 comentarios:

  1. Very good essay, Dani. I mostly agree with you, but I think that these people don't necessarily have a mental disorder, and if they had, It would be advertisement’s fault.
    To conclude, I would say that I agree with your conclusion, overspending is a really useless thing, it don’t have any sense, and people should care about their family and friends instead of buying unnecessarily things.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You make some good points but saying they have a mental disorder is a little extreme.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Good essay but I agree with Alejandro, It's a little extreme saying they have a mental disorder.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I completely agree with you. These people have an addiction (is like someone who have an addiction to the drugs or to the alcohol) and they have to go to some kind of therapy.

    ResponderEliminar