4 ene 2013

Shopping (FINAL VERSION)

Nowadays lots of people are waiting for the sales in every country. Shopping has become an addiction and people, especially teenagers buy a lot of things without conscience.

Firstly, people don’t realize that most of the time they buy things that they don’t really need and they spend money which they can use to buy other things which are more essential. The most responsible for this is  publicity. In order to convince people about a product, the advertisements on TV  are effective. For example, if a new cologne is frequently advertised on TV and in addition, the person we see is a famous man or woman, I’m sure that lots of people will be interested in it and it’s possible that they will buy it. Therefore, the media such as TV or magazines are a decisive factor on people at the time of buying. Secondly, it seems to me that everybody has to be responsible. That is, if your economic situation allows you to buy everything you want, it’s your decision, but if you can’t, I think it’s better to have what you’re going to use. In addition, if you have lots of things that you don’t use, instead of throwing them away or keeping them in your wardrobe, you should give them to an acquaintance or poor people because I’m sure that they will need them more than you. As a result, you will help the others. In my opinion, I’m not addicted to shopping. I love going shopping but I don’t usually go. I normally buy things which I think I need. Moreover, my economic situation doesn’t allow me to buy a lot. Although it’s true that if you have a lot, you want more, I’m conscious that you can’t have everything.

To sum up, I believe that everyone has to be sensible and buy with moderation. It’s important to know what you really need and not to fool ourselves: shopping could be deceiving. 


Marina Cervera 2nd B

3 comentarios:

  1. Be careful not to translate literally because the order is not the same in Spanish and in English.
    Now try to correct the mistakes in red and add CORRECTED in the title. Remember to keep the mistakes in red.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The whole order of the sentence is wrong in English. I would say something like:
    If a new cologne is frequently advertised on TV and in addition, the person we see is a famous man or woman
    or
    If a new cologne is not only frequent on TV, but also advertised by a celebrity...

    Regarding the other sentence, It's important to know what we really need and not to fool ourselves.
    If you don't mind, instead of sending me emails, please write a comment here.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I'm agree with you that shopiping it's an addiction. And everybody wants to buy things that they don't really need and keep it on the wardrobe. However, I also think that publicity is the main responsible of the massive shopping.

    ResponderEliminar